Rabbits Captain: Keith Lewis; email@example.com; Mob 07852127274
Vice-Captain: Barrie Campbell; firstname.lastname@example.org; Mob 07904 564080
NERGA Rep.: Paul Goodall; Paul.Goodall@greif.com; Mob 07979 110989
Secretary: Keith Hunt; email@example.com; Mob 07927 093893
The Rabbits Section of the club enables and encourages members of similar playing ability to meet other members and to play on a regular basis and also, if you choose, play in some friendly matches with other clubs in the area.
The Rabbits is open to all men over the age of 18 with a Handicap of 16 or higher at the start of the summer season. If you are new to golf, or returning to golf, we will help you get a starting handicap.
There is no “Section Fee” to play with the Rabbits.
There are informal Rabbits roll-ups on Wednesdays and Fridays for a 1pm tee off throughout the summer, 12am during winter. Generally, we play in threes and fours, depending on numbers; nothing too serious; everyone welcome.
Monday Night Nines
Organized by the TNGC Rabbits Section
Starting Monday April 1st 2019 – 17.00 to 17.30 Roll-Up
- Short on time to play golf?
- Need “to de-stress” after a long day at work?
- Want to play regularly but just can’t get it organized?
- Looking to meet a fun, relaxed group to play friendly golf with?
“Monday Night Nines” maybe for you!
Come and try it – ALL WELCOME – Men, Ladies, Juniors!
Timing & Format
- April through August, Monday evenings when there are no other competitive events scheduled
- Roll-up for tee-times between 17.00 and 17.30
- All welcome i.e., all members can participate including ladies and juniors as long as they are playing in a group with at least one Rabbit and they have a valid handicap. Guests are welcome provided guest fees are paid.
- Participants are encouraged to play either 9-holes or 18-holes, to be agreed before teeing-off; play in 2, 3 or 4-person groups depending on numbers and availability
- Playing group can decide on format for the evening; however, Rabbits who are participating in the “Rabbit’s Nines” competition shall be encouraged and enabled to complete a 9-hole Stableford card i.e., 4-ball group may decide to play a fun 4BB but time shall be given for the “Rabbits-Nines” participant(s) to put-out and complete his/their personal card(s)
- Full handicap;Men to play off Yellow Tees, Ladies Red or Yellow (if they want a challenge), Juniors – Tee per ability
- A representative of the Rabbits Section will be present from 17.00 to 17.30 to organise the groups and tee-off times
- Additional associated events and activities may be organised during the season – see notice boards for details
The Rabbits are friendly, welcoming and generally have a drink in the bar afterwards. After joining a couple of activities, you will quickly feel part of the Section.
The Rabbits are affiliated to the Yorkshire Rabbits Golf Association (YRGA), specifically the Harrogate Area Rabbits Golfer Association (HARGA), and the North East Rabbits Golf Association (NERGA).
2019 Matches, Away-Days & Competitions
In 2019 the Rabbits will play six to eight other local clubs in a mixture of formats, including the new 3-way Rabbits Hambleton Trophy between TNGC, Easingwold and Bedale. We normally put out a team of 12 and play 4-ball-better-ball match play; the three-way matches will be with a team of 10 playing individual Stapleford. The fixture list is on the noticeboard along with specific match-sign-up sheets which will be put-up about two weeks before each match. If you are available to play, please put your name on the list; don’t be afraid to participate. These matches are played during the week and have tee times between 3 and 4pm. After the match we typically gather for a meal at the club for a light-hearted gathering with our opponents.
If that’s not enough there is also the HARGA Summer and Winter leagues and if you want to play in that it’s only one home and one away game against another club with a partner.
Lastly, we have a mixed match where we are paired with the ladies from TNGC.
In recent years TNGC has performed very well in the NERGA. This is a series of weekend matches against other clubs. Format is individual Stapleford with 7 out of 8 scores to count. In 2018 TNGC Rabbits the overall runners-up in the NERGA Rabbits event. If you are interested in playing in the NERGA matches please contact Paul Goodall.
Away-Days and Competitions
We have two away days where we visit other clubs; see the Rabbits Notice Board for sign-up sheets:
The first is called the “Easter Bash” to get the season going. This will be on Friday April 26th at Cookridge Hall GC, near Leeds.
The second is the Rabbits Captain’s away day. This will be on Friday August 30th at Blackwell Grange GC, near Darlington.
The “Premium Competition” is the “Buck Rabbit” Trophy which is a knock-out match-play event for Rabbits that runs through the summer months. Look out for the sign-up and pay your £3 entry fee.
The other Rabbits Competitions are:
Warren Trophy – Wednesday July 9th
Irving Trophy – Wednesday September 11th
Mike Johnson Trophy – Friday October 4th
For more information speak with any of the Rabbits Officers elected for 2019:
Captain: Keith Lewis
Vice-Captain: Barrie Campbell
Secretary: Keith Hunt
Treasurer: Bob Pickersgill
HARGA Rep: Derek Reveley
NERGA Rep: Paul Goodall